The Bay View Bash is a fun, family-friendly community festival of food, art, music, crafts, books, and community organizations. This year it’s taking place on Saturday, September 15th between Potter and Clement on Kinnickinnic Avenue, and they are “striving to be a near zero waste festival!”
The Bay View Bash will be teaming up with Kompost Kids this year to host a more environmentally-friendly festival. All food vendors will be provided with compostable materials. The compost generated from this festival will be donated back to the community. You can contact Kompost Kids on how you can obtain free compost for your home or neighborhood garden.
“Kompost Kids will be composting the Bay View Bash which sees about 30,000 people in attendance throughout the day. It is an all day event and we are looking for people to staff our 3 different compost tents which will provide education and outlets for people to compost. We will also be biking compostable material to our Bayview pile less than 1 mile away from festival.”
Kompost Kids are looking for a number of volunteers to help make all this happen, and there are a couple different ways you can get involved.
- Distribute and display Komost Kids promotional materials
- Share the benefits of composting through your own personal stories and experiences
- Orientations can be made available and promotional materials will be supploes in an outreach and recruitment kit.
- Bike festival residuals from Bayview Bash to Vayview Community Compost Site behind Sweetwater Organics
- Line compost receptacles with compostable bags
- Kompost Kids will provide bicycles and bike carts
10am – 2pm shift (set-up included)
2om – 6pm
6pm – 10pm
10pm – 11pm (tear down)