“This is a Chinese take-out and delivery themed bike race. The goal is to collect as many Chinese food take-out menus as possible in the time that you have. I am setting up this race in a format so that the fastest racer will NOT win, but rather the smartest and luckiest. Also, in this race, there are opportunities for “deliveries”. These will be on the manifest that you have to carry. For these deliveries, you have to transport an object from one location to another. There are two of these opportunities:
First is a food delivery, simple. You have 20 mins to deliver your take-out order to the drop-off location provided or the run/points do not count.
Second is the Firework Run. Once you receive your firework, (first 15 people to the check point get fireworks) you have 15 mins before your fuse runs our and the run/points do not count.
Menus are worth 1 point.
Deliveries are worth 2 points.
You will not know what checkpoints have the deliveries but it will be apparent when you get there (volunteers will be looking for you). There might also be a secret bonus check point announced the day of the race.
Your final time is not as important as how many points you collect. (I have run the race course and I am setting up the times so that it will be very difficult to collect all the possible menus, so you must choose your route carefully. In the case of a tie, the timing for the fireworks delivery will decide final points).
I have also collected take out menus from all the locations listed, HOWEVER: in the case of establishments being reluctant to give out menus, there will be a back up question on the manifest to prove that you were at the location.
Things you will need:
- First, you will need a helmet (I am not your mother but will strongly recommend you bring one)
- You will need a bag, nothing huge. It must be able to fit an item about the size of a shoebox with out damaging it.
- Your lock. You will be going in and out of buildings.
- A clipboard or manifest holder, anything you can use to keep your items, checklist and manifest neat and in order.
- Because we don’t have any sponsors all the awards and trophies will be handmade, and who doesn’t enjoy lovingly hand-crafted gifts and prizes? All entry fees will go to cash prizes for the top riders.
- 1st Male and 1st Female Trophy and Cash Prize
- Cleanest Manifest and/or Most Professional Award (decided by our volunteers at the delivery drop offs)
- Fastest Firework Run
- Golden Takeout Box (cash payouts for top riders, determined by the number of riders in the race. I am going to try to have payouts to the top 5 or 7 riders.)”
For more information, visit the event’s facebook page.